I know. I know. So I took a bit of a break. There just wasn't much working in my favor when it came to keeping up with this crafty blog over the last few months, but I am hoping to get back in the groove again. We're recovering after having the grandparents here for the Easter weekend, and my sister is coming to stay with us for a few days this week, so it's still a bit hectic around here for the next week at least.
BUT, I finally have my scanner up and running again, so I can share a couple of layouts I've done, and I have some cards waiting to be photographed (although finding a good setup hasn't exactly happened in the new house, yet). You know--all sorts of projects in the works. I have my new crafty space to share and I'm sure there will be lots of baby-related projects to come.
One of my recent projects has been researching and learning about cloth diapers, and I think I've gotten up the courage to give this a try. If you don't get carried away, it can be a real money saver. My problem is that I get caught up by all the cute things there are out there, and I start wanting to make stuff, which takes supplies, which takes moolah, which sort of prevents you from saving money on the whole adventure. So far, I think I've found a decent outlet, though.
One of the things you need if you're using the traditional prefolds or flats or even fitted diapers is a cover. And there are lots of PUL (plasticky waterproof material) ones out there that aren't terribly expensive considering. I do plan to use these, but you can also use more breathable cover made out of wool. So, I've decided to put my limited knitting skills to the test by making a couple of soakers. I found a pattern that wasn't so intimidating, and here is the first result. This is before blocking.
I hope to make some more of these, and if they work for us, I'll probably try to advance to shorties and longies later on. I'll have to repost when I have a photo of these in use.