Friday, September 16, 2005

Sssshhhh...

Oh my! Am I really admitting that I have a secret life? I have a love affair with paper and paste. No, it's not carried over from my days as an Elementary school teacher. It's really more like a love affair with gorgeous patterned paper, textured cardstock, glue sticks and adhesive runners.

I admit it. I am a scrapbooker. Some people in my "real world" know about this. They just don't know the extent to which my obsession goes. They don't understand that it's more than cutting photos into pretty shapes and adhering them to white pages. They don't understand that it's about recording my family's experiences in life and it's about color and design and texture. Hmmmm....I get excited just thinking about it. They don't understand tha I long to see my work in print and that I lie in bed at night thinking about techniques and color combinations. They just don't understand. It's a secret life.

No comments: