Sunday, February 04, 2007

I've been thinking lately...

...that it might be about time to start looking for a replacement trimmer. I have been using that old grey Fiskars thingie forever, and it can be sooo frustrating. The only thing is that every trimmer out there geared towards scrapbookers has its share of haters as well as lovers--and they are definitely priced for the niche market. So I've had my eyes peeled, and I used the new one my husband got for the office at church which happens to be very nice. It's by Xacto, and after some investigating, I found this nicer version with a laser guide and everything. I might just have to hold out for one of these babies.




This is my first attempt at making a sketch in PSE.



I won't tell you how long it took me to figure out just how to draw a rectangle. This is definitely one program that you can't learn so much by assumption. It's so different in how you have to go about things. I'm slowly learning. Anyway, it was adapted from a sketch I already had in my notebook probably from a magazine ad, and I would like to try it out sometime soon. It's pretty basic, but there's a lot of room for interpretation. I thought I'd share, and if anyone feels inspired, I would love to see what you come up with. There may even be a little RAK in it for you! Wouldn't that be fun?

No comments: