Thursday, November 02, 2006

Long time...

...no post.

Here's hoping everyone hasn't given up on me. I seriously haven't done more than maybe 2 layouts in the last 6 months, and that was in June I think. So you see, I've been suffering from missing mojo and a messiness that threatens to take over my entire house. I'm getting to the point where I'm going through withdrawal. I must make something--and I have all these ideas rolling around in my head. I actually picked up some supplies to play around with a few of them, so I'm hoping I'll have more stuff to share soon. And if anyone can give me ideas about how to find 8 in x 10 in sheets of metal (something magnetic) or how I can have them cut, I'd be eternally grateful.

So here it is. These are the crafty projects I have managed to squeeze out in the last little while.

The first pic is my spiffy KI covered coupon organizer. I had this gaudy thing stuck in my "basket" (don't tell me you don't have a possibly to be altered or embellished one day basket in your craft space) for probably over a year, and I finally pulled it out to cover when I actually started clipping coupons again the other week.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The second pic is of a felted bag that I finished yesterday. It didn't turn out as well as I hoped due to some washing machine lint issues, but it was a pretty easy project. I worked on it mostly while watching movies and tv for a few days, and suddenly it was done. The yarn is Lopi I bought well over a year ago to make a felted bag, but I never found a pattern. The stripe is actually bright pink IRL. I found this pattern while searching the net one day, so that's what I ended up using. I think I will definitely use it again although I think it would be much easier if you switch to double pointed needles after you start the decrease. It just got too tight in there near the end, and I was using a shorter circular than the pattern says. I made some mistakes near the end, but I didn't sweat it since I the felting hid all that. I think the bag pictured with the pattern must have used a smaller # of stitches in the cast off for the handle because my holes are a lot bigger. That can obviously be easily fixed.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

During my hiatus, I did come across all sorts of fun crafty blogs. I love to see what other people are doing. It gives me inspiration, and then I know I'm not so strange. If you know of any good blogs please leave me a comment. I think I'll put up a list of some of my favorites in a day or two.

No comments: