Tuesday, May 01, 2007

So...


...practice, practice, practice. Really the only way for me to learn my way around an unfamiliar program is to jump in and use it. So that's what I've been doing. With digital scrapbooking, it's often the little things that make a difference--like drop shadows. It has been fun learning shortcuts for some things, and also taking things from to tutorials and finally being able to apply them to other things.
I don't think I will ever really get into digi scrapping for real. I'm so slack when it comes to printing things and stuff, and I like having books to flip through. Nevermind the fact that my printer stinks... BUT the same techniques are so useful for other things. I definitely like the possibility of using digital elements on paper layouts by printing them--whether that be sizing a journaling tag or label just for a particular layout or creating a grid of pics before printing them. There are also so many possibilities for creating photo cards and storyboards. I think I'm finally getting over my PSE fear.
BTW everything in this layout except the staples (designer digitals) and the title is from the Echoes of Asia kit by Jessica Sprague. I did also pick up her computer tricks book, and it's great. If you're just getting started in PSE, then this is a great place to begin learning specific things you can use for scrapbooking. It covers photo enhancement, titles, embellishments, and then even some mini album stuff.
AND... I have a newly reorganized scrap storage system. It's not perfected by any means, but everything fit into the closet , and things are pretty much where I can get to them easily. That's a major problem I was having. So... now it will be waiting for me --hopefully along with a box of Scrapsupply goodies--when I get back from my short happy birthday escape, and it will all be just in time for some National Scrapbook Day fun this weekend! What do you have planned?

No comments: